See below some elements to consider when thinking to start or applying for Non-Medical Home Care Business Licensing.
- Write a business plan that will include your business’s description, the budget, a marketing plan. Think about a payroll system, recruitment plans, and plans for training.
- Open a Business Account: establishing a business account is crucial to manage payroll better and to set up credit card payment process.
- Prepare the Financing: Think about how you will finance your startup. Will it be personal funding, bank funding, retirement or 401K funding. Visit SBA or SBA LOANS for more financing options
- Apply for your Business License: Check with your State Division Of Health Services Regulations to help guide you regarding which License you need.
- Marketing: You can post flyers with advertisement occurring in local newspapers. Word-of-mouth stays the most cheaper way of advertising, and the most valuable form of marketing in your business. Digital or internet marketing still plays a determinant role in your marketing efforts.
With all listed elements keep in mind that your policies and procedure manuals will include your hiring process, staff recruitment either online with classified ads or the local newspaper. Make sure you have a good background check system. Every staff member should have access to written policies, which include uniform policies, absenteeism policies, pay schedules, and how to clock in/clock out work.